There can be great advantages in using freelancers rather than allowing the business to be run on a basis of permanently employed personnel. For example in connection with time-sensitive projects, and when the business is limited by head-counts.
By using freelancers:
- You only pay for the work carried out, or the working time – not for absence on account of sickness, vacation etc.
- You settle the account via an invoice thereby, saving a lot of administrative work
- You get more co-operative partners who also are often equipped with the necessary tools, car etc.
- You avoid the commitments and risks connected with permanently employed personnel
- You transfer fixed costs to variable costs